Monday, March 28, 2011

Grade 7: Rhyming Poems

Jumping Rope By Shel Silverstein
UPDATE: For grade 7 we will no longer be reading the book. Therefore only have one assignments for the Creative Writing Group.

Write a rhyming poem on any topic you would like.

 
We are using the inspiration of the great children's poet, Shel Silverstein, as inspiration for our own rhyming poems.

Below I have linked the Shel Silverstein website for inspiration and a rhyming dictionary!

2 comments:

  1. It is really cute Calina! today we will add some puctuation to improve how a reader will pace themselves. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The hat and the cat

    I have a cat
    My cat has ahat
    The cat was bad
    And t wind blows her hat
    Into my hand
    The cat was sad
    I gave the hat back
    And now the cat
    Is happy with her hat...:))


    The pen and the hen

    I have a pen
    My grandma`s hen
    Stole my pen
    And at school I didn`t take a ten
    Because of that stupid hen...:))


    Magic spell

    Two black cats
    Three black bats
    Four witches hats
    Five white rats
    Abracadabra, tail of dog
    You are turned into a frog...:))


    These peoms are...silly...stupid...but I like them...hope you`ll like them, too...:))

    XOXO,
    Georgiana

    ReplyDelete